In 1913, Bishop de Pencier held a church service for 48 West Vancouverites at the Dundarave Hall, now the Red Lion pub and restaurant. From this early beginning our parish of St. Stephen began. A church was built on the current site of the West Vancouver Recreation Centre. In 1967, a land swap with the West Vancouver Municipality allowed us to build the current church on 22nd St.
We have been the mother church of two churches in West Vancouver, St. Christopher's and St. Francis-in-the-Wood. We continue today to be a voice of Christ in the community and a place of refuge in this busy world.
Many people have been a part of this ministry and we need to thank God for their faithful witness which has allowed us to do the same in our day. In that time, the church has been built, moved and rebuilt. Ministry has been extended to all and St. Stephen’s Anglican Church has been a welcoming place to all who wished to enter its door.